The Broad Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smoking

+2
TigTrivers
DJ RAY
6 posters

Go down

Smoking Empty Smoking

Post by DJ RAY Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:06 am

Do you think smoking should be banned in the whole usa? Do you think parents shouldn't be allowed to smoke in the car while a child is in the car?
DJ RAY
DJ RAY

Male Posts : 15
BDB Credits : 22
Rep : -1
Job/hobbies : NA

Back to top Go down

Smoking Empty Re: Smoking

Post by TigTrivers Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:06 pm

Yes I think there should be a complete ban on smoking every where.....there is already a smoking ban in the work place in Ireland and it has made such a difference now if you go into a pub/bar/restaurant you can actually breath so I say yes ban smoking completely
TigTrivers
TigTrivers
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 1398
BDB Credits : 1241
Rep : 31
Job/hobbies : Photography

https://bdboard.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ RAY Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:32 am

TigTrivers wrote:Yes I think there should be a complete ban on smoking every where.....there is already a smoking ban in the work place in Ireland and it has made such a difference now if you go into a pub/bar/restaurant you can actually breath so I say yes ban smoking completely
I have to agree with you lots of people try it everyday it's not good for them or us. Let's put a stop to it before it get's out of hand which it already is kinda
DJ RAY
DJ RAY

Male Posts : 15
BDB Credits : 22
Rep : -1
Job/hobbies : NA

Back to top Go down

Post by Brent Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:07 am

Well, I honestly don't think it should be banned. Now, I'm not a smoker, and I don't really know any other than my Grandparents.

However, smoking is a hard habit to knock. It's clear that second-hand smoke isn't good for anyone, especially younger children.

But that's when responsibility kicks in. I think that maybe if smokers have spots to smoke that isn't near anyone who is bothered by it, it'd be fine.
Brent
Brent
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 532
BDB Credits : 535
Rep : 1
Job/hobbies : Year 12 Student.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuke Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:00 am

If it can hurt others, it shouldn't be legal.

Nuke

Male Posts : 197
BDB Credits : 279
Rep : 3
Job/hobbies : None.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Angel Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:26 pm

Yes, to banning in all public places, for the exception of places designated for smokers ONLY, and No to banning it in general. Simply because it is their body, and if someone wants to kill themselves, then it is their choice to do so. I only ask that I not have to be around them when they do so. I have an allergic reaction to the smoke, and would rather not share an area with someone who smokes. I think that it is only fair, since it is the smoke from their cigars and cigarettes that ends up being in non-smokers faces. This is the ONLY instance in which, I am in favor of segregation.

I really hate spending a ton of money for a hotel room, only to find that the bedding, mattresses, furniture and drapery have holes in them from cigars and cigarettes. I've sent quite a few sheets and blankets back for that reason, only for the new set to be worse off than the original. If all hotels were smoke free, then the likely hood of this problem would be decreased. In one hotel I stayed at, there were burns in the side of the bathtub, nightstand, table and sink.. and this was in a NON smoking room. Personally, I think that any items taken from smoking rooms, ought to be put back in the smoking rooms, because maybe then, will the smokers who do this see for themselves the effect they have on the room's property. But, considering the fact that the sheets are all washed together, I realize that that is not at all realistic. I know that it may not always be smokers doing this so much as pyromaniacs, but considering the fact that I know what cigarette and cigar burns look like, I can't come to that conclusion. I think that either banning smoking from all hotels, or having hotels for smokers only would greatly reduce this risk.

Some smokers are respectful, but the operative word in that sentence is some. I've seen quite a few of them get downright nasty and hostile when you ask them not to smoke because it isnt allowed, or to relocate themselves, so that the smoke doesnt irritate the non-smokers. Not only that, there were quite a few homicides as a result of this, shortly after smoking was banned from public places. Mind you, this is not just from NYC, but I have heard of other cases in other places as well.
Black Angel
Black Angel

Female Posts : 45
BDB Credits : 53
Rep : 0
Job/hobbies : Student/Receptionist

http://twilightcafe.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by meodingu Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:17 am

It properly. You really smart. I am very happy for it. Wish a nice day.

meodingu

Male Posts : 153
BDB Credits : 421
Rep : 0
Job/hobbies : studient

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum